From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Cc: Gentoo-Base-System <base-system@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] x86-livecd - bugs and suggestions
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 17:17:05
On Fri, 2004-01-23 at 17:04, Benjamin Judas wrote:

> Bugs: > - Calculation of module dependencies fails at bootup
Anybody have a log?
> - selection of keymap not possible
We could add an alternative keymap script, that do that, and only install with USE=livecd ... anybody got a template, etc to start off?
> - Inability to halt/reboot (system just stops when all processes are > shut-down)
Logs if possible?
> - Hardware-detection not included >
Sure will be nifty, but I guess catalyst should just install appropriate package and add to boot runlevel? Do not see any special handling, or am I missing something? As for 2.6 - think we can start to use module-init-tools as default for ALL profiles, or is there ARCH issues I am not aware of? Should just be needed to adjust the default virtual. Thanks, -- Martin Schlemmer Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop/System Team Developer Cape Town, South Africa