From: Brad House <brad_mssw@g.o>
To: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-releng@l.g.o, base-system@g.o, livewire@g.o, Brad House <brad_mssw@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] Call for developers for livecds / catalyst
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 05:46:14
> the question is, does baselayout already support this cd setup out of the > box > and the environment isnt being setup properly or does it need modification > (like the custom stuff that used to be part of the livecd scripts being > merged into our mainline) ?
indeed that is the question. I have found some references to $CDBOOT and that var is definately not being set. I have just posted a baselayout 1.8.6.12-r4 that is KEYWORDed -*, so anyone testing needs to keyword it for their arch, and add it as a dep to their livecd-stage1 spec file so that it gets emerged into their base system. The only change so far is to define $CDBOOT if 'cdroot' is on the kernel command line. This -r4 release will not be committed until we have a complete livecd patchset. And then, the patches will be cleaned up and committed properly to gentoo-src/rc-scripts and rolled into an official -r4 release. It's going to take quite a bit of testing, so anyone that has the ability to should definately help out. Use e-mail as a way to coordinate the efforts please. -Brad -- gentoo-releng@g.o mailing list