From: Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-releng] Amount used in experimental/
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 05:51:38
1 Hey all,
2
3 Just had a chat with our main contact with OSU for mirrors. Apparently
4 someone (looks like the ppc folk), uploaded about 6-7G to the mirrors
5 without letting Infra know about it. Generally, if you're going to push
6 out a lot of files out, we'd like to know so we can prep our mirror
7 admins on the big push. The mirror at OSU was getting hammered because
8 we didn't know about this till it happened.
9
10 So all who use experimental, please let us know when you're going to
11 push something out. Jeff Forman (jforman) is the contact lead for infra.
12 Either email him, me or Kurt if you're going to push anything more than
13 a few hundred megs I'm guessing. It would also help space-wise if
14 there's old stuff on experimental that needs to be deleted. Just let any
15 three of us know if you need to clean out your arch's experimental
16 files.
17
18 Thanks!
19 --
20 Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
21 Gentoo Infrastructure
22
23 ---
24 GPG Public Key: <http://www.ramereth.net/lance.asc>
25 Key fingerprint: 0423 92F3 544A 1282 5AB1 4D07 416F A15D 27F4 B742
26
27 ramereth/irc.freenode.net