From: Thilo Bangert <bangert@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] volunteering
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2008 19:45:52
Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o> said:
> Thilo Bangert wrote: > > sign me up, though... > > What exactly are you volunteering for? Like all the non-devs (4 of > them) who have offered help, I'm not going to find you a place in > releng.
sounds reasonable. bug triaging, testing, building releases and such is what i had in mind. ultimately helping setup the automated builds...
> There are a few arches without release coordinators (or whose > coordinators are pulling double duty). Do you want to take over for x86 > or one of the couple of arches that armin76 handles (sparc64 and ia64, > iirc)?
release coordinator sounds a little too fancy for the kind of contribution i had in mind. but then again who know what the duties of that guy are? where is work currently coordinated? it doesnt appear to be this mailing list ;)