From: Kumba <kumba@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-releng] catalyst bugs?
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 18:08:30
1 Not sure if I've hit two bugs here or not (I suspect they're bugs).
2
3 First one; I'm giving a shot at mips grp builds with a limited set of
4 packages, so I follow the guide and do something similar to this in my
5 grp spec file:
6
7 grp: cd1
8
9 grp/cd1/type: pkgset
10 grp/cd1/packages:
11
12 I specify my packages, and save the file, exit, and attempt to invoke
13 catalyst. Then I get this:
14
15 # ./catalyst -f mips4-grp-20040210.spec
16 Setting storedir to config file value "/usr/catalyst"
17 Setting portdir to default value "/usr/portage"
18 Setting distdir to config file value "/usr/portage/distfiles"
19 Setting options to config file value "pkgcache ccache"
20 Setting sharedir to config file value "/usr/catalyst"
21 Compiler cache support enabled.
22 Package cache support enabled.
23
24 catalyst: Required argument "grp/c/packages" not specified.
27 It looks like to me that the parsing code is not separating on
28 spaces/whitespace, but is instead grabbing only the first character.
31 Second Bug; Skipping around the first bug above by changing all
32 instances of "cd1" to just "1", I was able to continue onwards -- a
33 little. GRP started to compile a few things, it got as far as merging
34 portage in the chroot and then died with this:
35
36 >>> Auto-cleaning packages ...
37
38 >>> No outdated packages were found on your system.
41 * GNU info directory index is up-to-date.
42 /bin/bash: line 46: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `"'
43 /bin/bash: line 49: syntax error: unexpected end of file
44
45 catalyst: GRP build aborting due to error.
48 I suspect that catalyst invoked an external bash script for this stage
49 of grp building, but I do not know the internals of catalyst too well.
50 I suspect this external bash script has issues that need to be addressed.
54 --Kumba
57 "Such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world:
58 small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are
59 elsewhere." --Elrond
62 gentoo-releng@g.o mailing list