From: Brad House <brad_mssw@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@g.o
Cc: gmsoft@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] Livecd building with catalyst
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 08:32:44
1 no, no livecd support yet in catalyst. We just had a fairly
2 major meeting last night on livecd/catalyst support, and work
3 has just began on that portion of catalyst. If you want to be
4 a really big help, you can test out the new rewrite of genkernel.
5 It's not yet 100% complete, but definately usable. Also, if you
6 could submit your arch-specific configs to the tree that would
7 be great, as of right now, it only has x86 and x86_64 configs.
8 There's a brief README which should tell you how to do it.
9 GenKernel will be used internally in catalyst in order to build
10 the kernel and initrd image(s).
11
12 The location of the new genkernel is in CVS:
13 gentoo/src/genkernel_bradmssw
14
15 And it will become genkernel-3.0 when it is complete.
16
17 -Brad
18
19 > Hello,
20 >
21 > I just started to build new stages for hppa with catalyst but I don't
22 > see any doc for livecd building. How is it done ? Is it yet implemented
23 > ?
24 > If not, I really must be implemented soon because building and testing
25 > livecd is _REALLY_ a long/hard/boring task for me. Also, I have exams
26 > soon (from 3 Jan to 17) and I'd like to finish this asap because that's
27 > the only way I can be in the release time.
28 >
29 > Cheers
30 >
31 > --
32 > Guy Martin
33 > Gentoo Linux - HPPA port Lead / IPv6 team
34 > Lug Charleroi (Belgium)
35 >
36 > --
37 > gentoo-releng@g.o mailing list