From: Jason Wever <weeve@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Cc: brad_mssw@g.o, Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>, Gentoo-Base-System <base-system@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] Re: baselayout changes for sparc livecd
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 06:37:29
On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 17:36:54 -0500 (EST)
"Brad House" <brad_mssw@g.o> wrote:

> I have not had a chance to diff it yet, but it's mainly > inside > sbin/livecd-functions.sh > in the livecd_fix_inittab() > function of this package: > http://dev.gentoo.org/~brad_mssw/rc-scripts-1.4.3.12p4.tar.bz2
OK cool. One thing to mention is serial consoles are not always 9600bps, and this can cause problems if it is hard set. The way the regular init system works now is fine for sparcs in regards to handling the speed. For sparcs, you don't even need to provide any additional boot arguments to a kernel for serial console as the output redirection is handled by OBP. -- Jason Wever Gentoo/Sparc Co-Team Lead