From: Lars Weiler <pylon@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, ppc@g.o, gentoo-ppc-dev@l.g.o, gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-releng] Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo/PPC meeting summary
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 21:55:34
1 * Lars Weiler <pylon@g.o> [06/06/25 23:24 +0200]:
2 > Furthermore we want to extend the gcc-upgrade-guide, as we
3 > can't use gcc-4 with glibc-2.3. Therefore the user need to
4 > follow a special upgrade-path.
5
6 Upgrade on this one (thanks Flameeyes): gcc-4.1.x works with
7 glibc-2.3, as vapier fixed the current glibc-2.3 ebuilds.
8 But glibc-2.4 works with gcc-4.1.x only. We still will stay
9 with a big update of the toolchain, which implies we will go
10 nptlonly on ppc.
11
12 Regards, Lars
15 Lars Weiler <pylon@g.o> +49-171-1963258
16 Gentoo Linux PowerPC : Strategical Lead and Release Engineer
17 Gentoo Infrastructure : CVS Administrator
18 Gentoo Foundation : Trustee