From: John Davis <zhen@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] Some notes about the GRP-specfile templates
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 22:33:53
1 On Mon, 2004-09-27 at 00:00 +0200, Benjamin Judas wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I was just about to build a pre-grp-set. Some notes:
5 > - both nforce-net and nforce-audio are masked; I
6 > removed them for now. Is there a substitute?
7 > (I didn't find anything via emerge -s)
8 > - iproute is an unknown package. Change it to
9 > iproute2
10 >
11 > That's about it for know. If anything else comes up,
12 > I'll leave a note here.
13 >
14 > regards
15 > Benni
18 nforce-net is deprecated in favor of forcedeth, which is in the kernel
19 and requires no third party packages.
20
21 nforce-audio on the other hand only works w/ 2.4. I am not sure why it
22 is masked ... There is no info in the ChangeLog or either of the
23 ebuilds. I would get in contact with the sound herd and see what is up.
24
25 Thanks Benni :)
26
27 Cheers,
28 --
29 John Davis
30 Release Engineering
31 Gentoo Linux Developer/ Manager/ Trustee