From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] x86 and ppc stages built
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 22:39:47
1 On Sun, 2003-12-28 at 15:20, Jason Wever wrote:
2 > OK cool. I wasn't sure if this was one of the "debugging" type features
3 > that was once turned on but never turned off.
4 >
5 > Presumably the new release will be the start of the change?
6
7 This change was not officially on our roadmap, but yep, it should start
8 happening with Gentoo 2004 provided that a trimmed /etc/make.conf will
9 work for our arch leads. I think it's a great way to reduce clutter, and
10 with the info in the Handbook I don't see any real negatives.
11
12 Related to this, arch leads should make sure that all relevant
13 /etc/make.conf information for your arch *is* in the new Handbook.
14
15 Regards,
16
17 Daniel