From: Brad House <brad_mssw@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-releng@l.g.o, base-system@g.o, livewire@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] Call for developers for livecds / catalyst
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 04:47:05
1 > A lot of this can probably be corrected by looking at what the current
2 > livecd-ng script does that the runscript does not yet do. For example,
3 > there is a tweak to set the location for the initscript state to /var,
4 > which may fix this.
5
6 Yep, but the old livecd script is extremely hackish, and I believe it
7 even copied it's own rc script out of an aux-files directory. We
8 cannot do that with this version. Baselayout must be modded to be
9 functional.
10 It also required a mingetty compiled and put in aux-files which we don't
11 want to do either.
12
13 I really hesitate to tell people to look at it because we do not want to
14 fall into the very things were are wanting to avoid. None of this is
15 really complex, it's just difficult since it's on CD's, and having to
16 create ISOs and burn cds is really really time consuming, and every little
17 typo will kill you.
18
19 Anyhow, still looking for people ....
20
21 -Brad
24 gentoo-releng@g.o mailing list