From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] Call for feature request for 2008.0 (unicode)
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 15:07:24
Igor Cavalcante wrote:
> I believe that it is important for gentoo 2008.0 already come with > unicode utf8 enabled, since this is an encode widely used around the > world, so the distribution could reach a large number of characters > simple and standardized way.
I'm pretty sure that the unicode USE flag defaults to on in the new profiles. I think that UNICODE=yes is also set in the default /etc/conf.d/rc (or is it /etc/rc.conf?). There's not much more that we (releng) can do. Anything else has to be "upstream". -- Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/ Gentoo Linux Developer Catalyst/Installer + x86 release coordinator -- gentoo-releng@l.g.o mailing list