From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Cc: davisjp@×××.edu
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] Release Info (long and thorough)
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 00:23:59
1 On Tue, 2004-02-10 at 14:52, Pieter Van den Abeele wrote:
2 > On 10 Feb 2004, at 16:26, Brad House wrote:
3 > > I think the PPC people have pretty much refused to commit their
4 > > profile to that even though I've asked on numerous occasions.
5 >
6 > Sorry, but we don't have a profile to commit -yet-.
7 >
8 > What are our reasons?
9
10 [snip]
11
12 > An updated ppc kde/gnome livecd has been
13 > requested upon by the store and our users for a while, I therefore
14 > prioritized releasing a 2004.0 <emphasis added>preview</emphasis added>
15 > over adding support to a Fisher Price tool, that because of its current
16 > simplicity we are unable to use for a release including a new kde/gnome
17 > livecd; The addition of gcloop support to genkernel is the
18 > responsibility of the genkernel maintainer, not ours.
19
20 OK, I don't like the direction this is taking. I'd like to be able to
21 back you up on your story but I can't. I think Brad's assessment is
22 correct.
23
24 Sincerely,
25