From: Brad House <brad_mssw@g.o>
To: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-releng@l.g.o, Gentoo-Base-System <base-system@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] x86-livecd - bugs and suggestions
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 21:39:34
1 >> This is not an issue if you use cdfs/loop type of zisofs or noloop
2 >> as there is no loop device to be umounted.
5 > Ok, I changed things a bit, so might have expected I guess. I do
6 > however have an issue with the naming. Some time ago it was decided
7 > that it should be /mnt/livecd. Now it changed again. Can we decide
8 > on something now? If so, fix is easy.
11 Well, it's mounting to /mnt/loop right now. I had no idea there was
12 a current naming convention (I did not have access to the prior 2.4
13 kernel livecd scripts that did any sort of loop mounting). This would be
14 an easy change to make to whatever you want it to be, as it's just a
15 couple of lines in the genkernel linuxrc that need to be changed, just
16 let me know, as I needed to roll another genkernel that had some
17 fixes people posted in bugs.gentoo.org (along with some suggested
18 doc changes), before I totally abandon that project (as previously
19 discussed).
20
21 -Brad
22 brad_mssw@g.o