From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] Resurrecting the seeds project
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 12:50:07
Aniruddha wrote:
> Andrew Gaffney wrote: >> Guys, not to be a buzzkill, but this is offtopic for this list since >> it's not related to Gentoo Release Engineering. Please take this >> conversation somewhere else. >> >> > Ok, no problem. Although I would like to hear what the Release > Engineering members think of resurrecting the seeds project :-) .
We (or at least I) really don't care, since Stuart didn't want to have anything to do with Release Engineering the first time around. But, I have no intention of bringing that old debate back up, again. You guys are free to build whatever you want, but it will never be hosted and/or endorsed by Gentoo unless we (be it Gentoo in general or releng specifically) build it and have a say-so in how it's operated. This policy is nothing "special" for seeds. The same applies to "random" CDs and other media built by users. -- Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/ Gentoo Linux Developer Catalyst/Installer + x86 release coordinator -- gentoo-releng@g.o mailing list