From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-releng] bell at boot prompt
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 02:23:30

Hi all,

this should probably be put under the call for features thread, but I
don't have the original message any longer and did not want to start a
sub thread.

It is very difficult for a person who is visually impaired to tell when
the live cd gets to the boot prompt.  The only way I have figured out to
do this is to listen to my cd rom drive and guess that I am at the boot
prompt when the drive stops spinning.

The way I handle this on my actual machine is, that I have put a ^g in
my grub.conf.

I realize that we don't use grub on the live cd, but can something
similar be done there?

Thanks,

- --
William Hubbs