From: Peter Weber <peterle@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] Call for feature requests for 2008.0 - Universal-CD
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 22:21:30
> Anyone gave this any thought? There are still a LOT of dial-up users > out here. People seem to forget that, especially the website with all > the huge pages. My Space comes to mind on that.
Even users with high-speed connections want to stay independent and free, relying on a network-connection is unsafe. I want my backup of my OS in my hand and not on a web-server. But I also prefer web-installation because I got immediately up-to-date files. Relying on a network-connection for installation is like relying on the Windows-Activation and Windows live-update. If you need it, you can be sure, that it will NOT work! Maybe they deny the access, delete the all the files through a accident, or some stupid captain cut off your backbone...*haha* -- gentoo-releng@l.g.o mailing list