From: Peter Weber <peterle@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] Call for feature requests for 2008.0 - Universal-CD
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 22:21:30
1 > Anyone gave this any thought? There are still a LOT of dial-up users
2 > out here. People seem to forget that, especially the website with all
3 > the huge pages. My Space comes to mind on that.
4
5 Even users with high-speed connections want to stay independent and
6 free, relying on a network-connection is unsafe.
7
8 I want my backup of my OS in my hand and not on a web-server.
9 But I also prefer web-installation because I got immediately up-to-date
10 files.
16 Relying on a network-connection for installation is like relying on the
17 Windows-Activation and Windows live-update. If you need it, you can be
18 sure, that it will NOT work! Maybe they deny the access, delete the all
19 the files through a accident, or some stupid captain cut off your
20 backbone...*haha*
23 gentoo-releng@l.g.o mailing list