From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] So when is it really safe to take a snapshot to use for release?
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 20:16:59
On Mon, 2004-01-12 at 10:30, Luca Barbato wrote:
> We could add a "tinderbox" targed that will try to run in chroot a full > automated setup (a la glis) from the latest stage {1 2 3}+grp and then > have a testsuite running on it. > It won't be a full QA check but at least the minimum needed.
Don't know if you know this or not, but we already have a tinderbox target for catalyst. It does automated build and dependency tests for packages starting from a clean stage3. This doesn't exactly sound like what you are looking for, but I wanted to mention that we do have a tinderbox QA target for catalyst. Its usage is documented in the Catalyst Reference Manual linked to from the main catalyst project page. (proj/en/releng/catalyst/reference.xml I think.) Regards, Daniel -- gentoo-releng@g.o mailing list