From: Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@g.o>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] Formal request to join the team
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2015 00:36:14
1 On Fri, 20 Feb 2015 09:43:39 -0600 Guilherme Amadio wrote:
2 > Hello everyone,
3 >
4 > I think my announcement is still a bit fresh, so you probably know that
5 > I recently became a Gentoo dev.
6 >
7 > One of the areas of interest for me is gentoo-science, more
8 > specifically, sci-physics packages, as I actually work on development of
9 > a geant sucessor, called geantv. So I would like to formally request to
10 > join the science team and possibly I would like to maintain geant and
11 > related packages on Gentoo if there isn't already someone maintaining
12 > these packages.
13
14 Add yourself to herds.xml and welcome aboard!
15 You may be interested in joining sci-physics subproject as well
16 (edit the same file).
17
18 > Here are some packages I am interested in maintaining:
19 >
20 > sci-phyiscs/geant and related geant-docs, geant-data, etc.
21 > sci-physics/root and related packages
22 > dev-libs/vc (currently maintained by kde herd for some reason, used in geantv)
23 > sci-physics/clhep, dependency of geant
24
25 I usually maintain sci-physics/root, but I don't always have time
26 to follow new version bumps, so help is welcome.
27
28 Right now I'm working on 5.34.26, 6.02.05 and (possibly) 6.03.02
29 version bumps. So in order to avoid double effort wait for them in
30 tree (or at least in science overlay) before fixing various
31 issues :)
32
33 > If there is any of you around, I'm currently working at Fermilab (as a
34 > visitor, as I'm a postdoc at a Brazilian university).
35
36 What a small world we are in... Actually I'm (slowly) working on my
37 Ph.D. using Fermilab's data: a SELEX experiment, quite an old one
38 (data taken 1996-97), but it still has at interesting stuff to dig
39 in :) Though I never was at Fermilab myself.
40
41 Best regards,
42 Andrew Savchenko