From: Alden Huang <alden.huang@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] New Vmd ebuild in ~x86
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 09:22:02
1 Thanks for the reply...i had originally installed the binaries....never
2 built it from source...but it seems that I'm getting the same problem
3 rebuild as before. This inquiry is probably better directed towards ATI
4 or the makers of VMD, but it detects fireglx module, recognizes my card
5 even, but the console window just dies without the VMD block letter
6 display ever coming up. Other applications seem to run with rendering
7 just fine...I'm rather new at this linux stuff...i was wondering wat is
8 the best way to capture the console window output easily prior to its
9 premature exit?
10
11 best,
12 alden
13
14 Donnie Berkholz wrote:
15 > Alden Huang wrote:
16 >
17 >> thanks much for the VMD ebuild... I was curious, as I could not get this
18 >> to work when I had VMD installed manually, is there a way to run VMD
19 >> using a different OpenGL library, ie specifically the FireGL binaries
20 >> provided by ATI, rather than resorting to the software MesaGLX?
23 > Yep, there's a way to build it so that it uses libGL rather than trying
24 > to use libMesaGL or something silly like that -- in fact, there are
25 > binaries on their site that do exactly that already, and our ebuild also
26 > does it.
27 >
28 > The only thing you need to do on Gentoo to use a different libGL is
29 > switch your OpenGL implementation using opengl-update.
30 >
31 > HTH,
32 > Donnie
37 gentoo-science@g.o mailing list