From: v_2e@×××.net
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] [sage-on-gentoo] cannot build Sage because of Sympy-0.7.1
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 12:06:51
1 Hello!
2
3 On Fri, 17 Aug 2012 09:32:18 +1200
4 fbissey@××××××××××××.nz wrote:
5
6 > OK wrong assumption from me by looking at the code. You have probably
7 > enabled the gmp useflag in mpmath and now you have gmpy on your
8 > system. I am now fairly
9 > sure that gmpy is the cause of the problem.
10 > Like sage gmpy can be autoloaded by mpmath but if both are present at
11 > the same time you get the confusion that you have seen.
12 Yes, the 'gmp' USE-flag is enabled for 'mpmath'.
13
14 > As a quick check you can try: MPMATH_NOGMPY=1 emerge -1v sympy
15 > that should work. Adding that variable to sage-env may help with
16 > potential problems importing mpmath or sympy in sage but really
17 > mpmath has to change their default behavior.
18 So what do I have to do to have a working Sage? Do I have to rebuild
19 'mpmath' with the 'gmp' USE-flag disabled?
20
21 Thanks!
22 Vladimir
23