From: Lucas Chiesa <lucas.chiesa@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o, Patrick Kursawe <phosphan@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] Gentoo scientific overlay
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 16:10:00
Patrick,

The idea of the overlay is not just to add new ebuilds, but to test
new patches or ebuilds for the existing packages. I'm also very busy
lately, but the idea is to fix the existing bugs and then add new
packages, and the overlay is a great place to put all our work, it is
really easy for us to test the work of others, and, with some luck,
users will use the overlay and thus test even more the ebuilds before
being in portage, improving the quality of the stable ebuilds.

Best wishes,

Lucas Chiesa (tulku)

-- gentoo-science@g.o mailing list