From: justin <jlec@g.o>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] moving the science overlay to github?
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2012 08:03:55
On 07/02/12 18:24, S├ębastien Fabbro wrote:
> Hi, > > We are contemplating the idea of switching the official science overlay > to an external repository such as github. Here are some of the > advantages we would like to > get: > 1. easier to contribute > 2. specific issue tracker > 3. wiki > > Please voice your concerns or ideas. > > Thanks,
Hi, I only support the switch, if we have the official overlay on gentoo hosting which is regularly synced, one or two way. What I like is the easy possibility for contribution through the fork - merge request feature of github. And you are right, we already can do this now, but it is much easier through github. Who knows how the automated sync works? justin