From: "François Bissey" <frp.bissey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] packages with invalid SRC_URI and compilation failures
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2014 00:10:16
1 On Tue, 02 Sep 2014 18:42:19 Jauhien Piatlicki wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I would ask an opinion about what to do with packages that have invalid
5 > SRC_URI (pointing to non-existent sources) and severe compilation problems.
6 >
7 > I'm trying to fix ebuilds that lead to `repoman full` failures now, so
8 > we will be able to have automatic repoman checks for pull requests. Some
9 > ebuilds are really outdated and quite hard to fix (e.g. I tried to do
10 > version bump for sci-physics/bigdft, but I failed as new version does
11 > not compile and error is in fortran code, that I do not understand).
12 >
13 > So what to do with such outdated not working stuff? As nobody makes
14 > issues/bugs about it, I think, we can just remove unmaintained broken
15 > packages from the overlay.
18 I guess if someone is using it they will complain. Then it can be their
19 job to fix it :)
20
21 Francois