From: Steven Lembark <lembark@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Cc: lembark@×××××××.com
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] Github repo is Live & Kicking
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2012 18:02:50
On Thu, 15 Mar 2012 11:15:41 +0100
Kacper Kowalik <xarthisius@g.o> wrote:

> On 03/15/2012 11:03 AM, Oliver Borm wrote: > > Hi, > > > > what are with users that only have write access to the original overlay? > > Do they need a github account in order to further contribute to the sci > > overlay? > It's not mandatory so they don't need to, though I've strongly encourage > to do so. > > What will happen if they push their changes just to g.o.g ? > When a person with access to both repos does git pull --all, it pull > changes from both, and during push --all it will be naturally migrated > to github. Of course it also works the other way around. As far as my > short experience with that workflow goes it's almost indistinguishable > to what we had so far. Only pull/push time is slightly longer
It might be worth adding a "stable" branch to the repository. Goal there is that changes to into the trunk and ones found to work or that pass more tests can get selectively merged into the stable branch. Makes it easeir to catch minor bugs after a commit. -- Steven Lembark 3646 Flora Pl Workhorse Computing St Louis, MO 63110 lembark@×××××××.com +1 888 359 3508