From: Steven Lembark <lembark@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Cc: lembark@×××××××.com
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] Github repo is Live & Kicking
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2012 18:02:50
1 On Thu, 15 Mar 2012 11:15:41 +0100
2 Kacper Kowalik <xarthisius@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On 03/15/2012 11:03 AM, Oliver Borm wrote:
5 > > Hi,
6 > >
7 > > what are with users that only have write access to the original overlay?
8 > > Do they need a github account in order to further contribute to the sci
9 > > overlay?
10 > It's not mandatory so they don't need to, though I've strongly encourage
11 > to do so.
12 > > What will happen if they push their changes just to g.o.g ?
13 > When a person with access to both repos does git pull --all, it pull
14 > changes from both, and during push --all it will be naturally migrated
15 > to github. Of course it also works the other way around. As far as my
16 > short experience with that workflow goes it's almost indistinguishable
17 > to what we had so far. Only pull/push time is slightly longer
18
19 It might be worth adding a "stable" branch to the
20 repository. Goal there is that changes to into the
21 trunk and ones found to work or that pass more tests
22 can get selectively merged into the stable branch.
23
24 Makes it easeir to catch minor bugs after a commit.
28 Steven Lembark 3646 Flora Pl
29 Workhorse Computing St Louis, MO 63110
30 lembark@×××××××.com +1 888 359 3508