From: Kacper Kowalik <xarthisius@g.o>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] blas/lapack stuff
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 06:03:18
1 On 09/26/2012 05:09 AM, Andrey G. Grozin wrote:
2 > Hello *,
3 >
4 > I don't understand how the blas stuff (from the science overlay) works.
5 > I have blas-reference and atlas (and also eigen) installed, atlas
6 > eselected. But /usr/lib/libblas.so is a file (not symlink) owned by
7 > blas-reference. So, a program demanding -lblas will be linked to this
8 > library from blas-reference, right? And what eselect blas then is doing?
9 >
10 > This question is related to the new gsl-shell package. Its Makefile just
11 > says -lblas. It works on my computer (linking to /usr/lib/libblas.so
12 > from blas-reference, I suppose). But what should I write as the
13 > dependency? virtual/blas? (docs say that atlas should be OK).
14 Change -lblas into $(pkg-config --libs blas)
15 Cheers,
16 Kacper