From: Francois Bissey <fbissey@××××××××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] [sage-on-gentoo] cannot build Sage because of Sympy-0.7.1
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 12:05:18
1 On Wed, 15 Aug 2012 13:32:51 v_2e@×××.net wrote:
2 > Hello!
3 >
4 > On Wed, 15 Aug 2012 13:32:46 +1200
5 >
6 > fbissey@××××××××××××.nz wrote:
7 > > ...
8 > >
9 > > Actually mpmath and sympy autodetect sage at run-time. If it is
10 > > present they will use it. There is a variable to set off that
11 > > behavior in mpmath but it the mechanism is currently broken. I talked
12 > > to both upstream about it and hopefully
13 > > something will be done about it eventually.
14 > >
15 > > Technically sympy is a run time dependency of sage so you can emerge
16 > > it afterwards. Two solutions: skip it and come back to it later when
17 > > sage has been
18 > > merged again and hopefully whatever is currently broken (and it is
19 > > broken) will
20 > > be fixed. The other solution is to unmerge sage and emerge sympy then
21 > > start the
22 > > merge process of sage again.
23 >
24 > I tried different things including:
25 >
26 > emerge -va --nodep sage # success
27 > emerge -vCa sage # success
28 > emerge -1va sympy # success
29 > emerge -va sage # success
30 > emerge -1va sympy # fails with the same error as before
33 hum...... what does
34 printenv | grep SAGE
35 return?
36