From: "Marcus D. Hanwell" <cryos@g.o>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] New category proposal - sci-vis
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 21:17:29
Just to confirm that I have added the new category and moved all the
applications that were in my list. Please let me know if there are any that I
have missed. Also let me know if you spot any issues with the move that I
might have missed. I went with the longer name as that was the prevailing
opinion (still preferred the short name myself).

The category is intended for visualisation applications, so please don't move
any libraries such as plplot etc into there. I know there are also some very
hazy applications such as gmt which is now very generic and used by many more
people than just geo-sci folks. So I welcome discussion on anything else you
might feel should be moved. It is good having them out of media-gfx though :)