From: "Marcus D. Hanwell" <cryos@g.o>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] website python error
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 11:20:02
1 On Thursday 14 September 2006 11:49, Andrey G. Grozin wrote:
2 > On Thu, 14 Sep 2006, Marcus D. Hanwell wrote:
3 > > Not sure about the links from the overlays.g.o, gentooscience.org was
4 > > created before the overlays think had even been discussed as a solution
5 > > to a problem. It is advertised here, and on the IRC channel but it would
6 > > be good to get it more widely advertised.
7 >
8 > Yes. Now there is a link path from www.gentoo.org to overlays.gentoo.org,
9 > and there is no link path from www.gentoo.org to gentooscience.org. And
10 > this means that the whole world knows about the overlays at
11 > overlays.gentoo.org, and nobody (except a few developers subscribed to
12 > this list) knows about gentooscience.org.
13 >
14 > By the way, overlays.gentooscience.org uses trac and works stable.
15 >
16 I am well aware of that overlays uses trac too. I was just stating an opinion
17 on the software. As far as I can tell gentooscience.org is running stable and
18 I can no longer reproduce any error.
19
20 The original error was due to mod_python needing to be rebuilt after an apache
21 upgrade. Not sure why it didn't happen every time but without being informed
22 about something I can't fix it...
23
24 The original intent of the overlay was to create it for use by developers and
25 interested users, i.e. people that might subscribe to lists like this. May be
26 that intent has shifted over time and so promotion is now more important but
27 it was announced in several places at the time. It should run stable and I
28 will do what I can to fix it if not.