From: v_2e@×××.net
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] [sage-on-gentoo]
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 12:06:14
Hello!

On Sun, 26 Feb 2012 16:08:30 +1300
Francois Bissey <fbissey@××××××××××××.nz> wrote:

> On Sun, 26 Feb 2012 02:18:49 v_2e@×××.net wrote: > > Hello! > > I have noticed several days ago that when I use the > > my_plot.show(xmin=0, ymin=0, frame=True) > > to show my plot, I get an image with slightly misplaced surrounding > > box boundaries relatively to X and Y axes. They should be at X=0 > > and Y=0 (in fact, the box boundaries should coincide with the axes > > in such case), but they are not. > > Here is a sample image: > > http://wombat.org.ua/sage-incorrect_axes-box.png > > > > How can I fix this behaviour? > > Thank you. > > Vladimir > > > > P.S. I'm not sure whether this issue is Gentoo-specific or not, > > that's why I decided to ask here first. > > > Hi Vladimir, > > Has it started after your upgrade to sage-4.8? I'll have to check but > Jason did some work around the default settings for matplotlib. > That may be a consequence. >
I'm not completely sure whether it started only with Sage 4.8. I have noticed it only recently. Perhaps, on Monday I will have an access to Sage-4.7 machine and check it out. But what I have noticed today is that the distance between the box edges and major ticks on axes depends on the figure size, and not on the font size like I thought previously. See for example, this published worksheet: http://sagenb.org/home/pub/4393/ Vladimir ----- <v_2e@×××.net>