From: v_2e@×××.net
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] [sage-on-gentoo]
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 12:06:14
1 Hello!
2
3 On Sun, 26 Feb 2012 16:08:30 +1300
4 Francois Bissey <fbissey@××××××××××××.nz> wrote:
5
6 > On Sun, 26 Feb 2012 02:18:49 v_2e@×××.net wrote:
7 > > Hello!
8 > > I have noticed several days ago that when I use the
9 > > my_plot.show(xmin=0, ymin=0, frame=True)
10 > > to show my plot, I get an image with slightly misplaced surrounding
11 > > box boundaries relatively to X and Y axes. They should be at X=0
12 > > and Y=0 (in fact, the box boundaries should coincide with the axes
13 > > in such case), but they are not.
14 > > Here is a sample image:
15 > > http://wombat.org.ua/sage-incorrect_axes-box.png
16 > >
17 > > How can I fix this behaviour?
18 > > Thank you.
19 > > Vladimir
20 > >
21 > > P.S. I'm not sure whether this issue is Gentoo-specific or not,
22 > > that's why I decided to ask here first.
23 > >
24 > Hi Vladimir,
25 >
26 > Has it started after your upgrade to sage-4.8? I'll have to check but
27 > Jason did some work around the default settings for matplotlib.
28 > That may be a consequence.
29 >
30 I'm not completely sure whether it started only with Sage 4.8. I have
31 noticed it only recently. Perhaps, on Monday I will have an access to
32 Sage-4.7 machine and check it out.
33 But what I have noticed today is that the distance between the box
34 edges and major ticks on axes depends on the figure size, and not on
35 the font size like I thought previously.
36 See for example, this published worksheet:
37 http://sagenb.org/home/pub/4393/
38
39 Vladimir
40