From: Juan Aguado <juantxorena@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] g-octave
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2011 13:31:31
1 > I wrote a blog post about this topic, to avoid being repetitive.
2 >
3 > http://rafaelmartins.eng.br/post/g-octave-past-present-and-future/
4 >
5 > TL;DR: Please read the documentation.
9 First of all, sorry if I've offended somebody. That wasn't my intention. My intention was only to show the current state of octave in gentoo.
10
11 However, I also find annoying that people assumes that I haven't read the documentation or made an effort to fix the problems.
12
13 Anyway, I find more time-consuming to log in in a github account to propose some changes and wait them to be approved than to update an ebuild of fill a bug. Not to mention thta when I try to update de g-octave database, I get this message: '"--sync" not available, please install g-octave-9999 if you want this.', and I'm forced to install a masked version of a package that, as the docs says, is not recommended to use. Not to mention that I also have real life problems and I don't have time to mess with this things.
14
15 Thanks for the update of the status, though.
16
17 Cheers,