From: Benda Xu <heroxbd@g.o>
To: "Marcin Woźniak" <y0rune@×××.com>
Cc: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-science] Re: Question about being maintainer or developer
Date: Sun, 09 Feb 2020 15:17:46
1 Hi Marcin,
2 (cc Gentoo Science mailing list)
3
4 Marcin Woźniak <y0rune@×××.com> writes:
5
6 > Hi! I would like to be a maintainer or developer in Gentoo
7 > Community. I know I did 4 pull request and that requests were merge to
8 > gentoo/gentoo or gentoo/sci. Yeah I know it is small number but I
9 > really want to help... I love Gentoo and the Gentoo Community. Without
10 > free hands that distro can be not good ;) Thank you for doing it for
11 > us.
12 >
13 > You can also look to my CV: https://yorune.pl/public/CV.pdf
14 > Maybe If I can do it or you have advice, please write to me ;)
15
16 Thank you for your interest! You've got a cool CV.
17
18 As you can see, the science overlay is in a bad shape. I have got a
19 plan for us:
20
21 1. The gentoo/sci CI is failing miserably now. We could work together
22 to fix it up and close the relevant bugs, issues and PRs.
23
24 Along the way you can read the dev manual
25 (https://devmanual.gentoo.org/) to sharpen your skills.
28 Optional: you could write up a Google Summer of Code proposal to get
29 some fund for this work. Proposals are not limited in the list:
30
31 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code/2020/Ideas
32
33 2. After that, you will become a trusted contributor to the Science
34 Overlay to have commit access to it.
35
36 3. Once you feel more confident, take the Gentoo developer quiz and go
37 through the recruitment process to become a Gentoo developer.
38
39 https://www.gentoo.org/get-involved/become-developer/
40
41 Cheers,