From: fbissey@××××××××××××.nz
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] Re: [sage-on-gentoo] ImportError: No module named CrashHandler
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 03:03:40
1 Quoting Steven Trogdon <strogdon@×××××.edu>:
2
3 > On Fri, 27 Jan 2012 01:04:03 +0200
4 > v_2e@×××.net wrote:
5 >
6 >> Hello!
7 >>
8 >> On Thu, 26 Jan 2012 11:19:14 -0600
9 >> Steven Trogdon <strogdon@×××××.edu> wrote:
10 >>
11 >> > Hi Vladimir,
12 >> > > You could try:
13 >> > > https://github.com/cschwan/sage-on-gentoo/issues/93
14 >> > > In the issue there was an IPython-0.10.1-py-2.7.egg-info file that
15 >> > was floating around. However, if this fixes things, it's odd that
16 >> > it's appearing again with 4.8, unless your ipython was recently
17 >> > upgraded?
18 >> > Yes, I saw that discussion and tried to apply the solution suggested
19 >> there before posting to this list. In my case I didn't find a file with
20 >> such name there.
21 >> And by the way I upgraded the IPython to the version 0.12-r1 on
22 >> January 23. Could it be because of the recent upgrade?
23 >>
24 >> Thanks.
25 >> Vladimir
26 >>
27 >> ----- <v_2e@×××.net>
28 >>
29 > Hi Vladimir,
30 >
31 > ipython-0.12-r1 breaks things here with the same error you get.
32 > There is no problem with ipython-0.10.2.
33 >
34 Hi,
35
36 I was warned on the sage-devel mailing list that ipython-0.11+ would break
37 things by one of the ipython lead developers. He wanted feedback on what would
38 happen with sage with newer ipython. I never got around to give him an answer
39 back because the ipython bump lagged in Gentoo. So I think we will
40 restrict the
41 ipython version to 0.10.2 for the time being in sage.
42
43 Francois