From: atsui <alextsui05@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] octave forge
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 16:06:39
1 markusle wrote:
2 >
3 > We had a long time
4 > ago agreed to go with 3., simply because of the fact that the
5 > octave-forge.eclass does most of the work at this point and there is hence
6 > no good reason to add a new category to the portage tree which contains
7 > many
8 > tens of split octave-forge ebuilds that by themselves simply call the
9 > eclass
10 > and hence don't do anything but waste space.
13 I've just started following this list, so I was wondering what the status of
14 octave-forge is on the overlay? As you know, there might be a SoC project to
15 write something to handle the octave packages including octave-forge, but I
16 was wondering if there was any development in this direction in the last
17 month or so?