From: Francois Bissey <fbissey@××××××××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] [sage-on-gentoo] sage-notebook is missing default imports
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 03:45:43
1 > > Hi,
2 > >
3 > > After updating from sage 4.6.1 to 4.6.2 I had trouble working with
4 > > sage-notebook because default imports were missing. This is what I
5 > > tried:
6 > >
7 > > If I run sage-notebook, login and try to run a command as simple as
8 > >
9 > > 3;
10 > >
11 > > I get a "NameError: name 'Integer' is not defined" error. If I run
12 > >
13 > > from sage.rings.integer import Integer;
14 > > 3;
15 > >
16 > > everything works as expected. Also if I run sage -notebook (notice the
17 > > space) then executing the comand
18 > >
19 > > 3;
20 > >
21 > > works. It's not a huge problem, but it kept me rebuilding sage and
22 > > python for a week. Any idea about why is this happening?
23 >
24 I committed a "fix". Tell me if that solve your problems. I hope it doesn't
25 break other stuff in the process. If it does I will have to get really invasive
26 one way or another. Not that I mind.
27
28 Francois