From: "Andrey G. Grozin" <A.G.Grozin@×××××××.su>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-science] freemat-2.0 at gentooscience.org
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 15:38:31
1 Hello *,
2
3 I've just commited a freemat-2.0 ebuild to the Gentoo science overlay.
4 freemat seems to be a rather powerful matlab (quasi-) clone.
5 It depends on qt-4 and some packages from the overlay (umfpack, arpack).
6 It also depends on sci-libs/matio which I commited to the overlay some
7 time ago. This last package is somewhat problematic: I found no normal
8 downloading url, downloading requires clicking some buttons at some page
9 (though it's free all right, LGPL). If you have the USE flag "fortran", a
10 fortran interface to the library should be built; but this requires either
11 g95 or gfortran. I have neither, so I build matio with -fortran; if
12 somebody could check if it builds with gcc-4.1 with g95, I'd be grateful.
13 It is also interesting if matio and freemat can be built on amd64. Please
14 test this package, it seems interesting.
15
16 Andrey
17 --
18 gentoo-science@g.o mailing list