From: justin <jlec@g.o>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] Gentoo Science next meeting agenda - 5) fortran
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 07:47:03
Hi all,

my removal of the fortran.eclass has left many packages in a broken
state. Many packages and/or their buildsystem depend on
(x86_64|i686)-linux-gnu-gfortran being simple named gfortran. For
example the cns package uses the Makefile.gfortran, which was formerly
Makefile.${FORTRANC}, but now a Makefile.$(tc-getFC) doesn't work. Same
for Makefile.ifort vs Makefile.ifc. Similar happasn to many packages and
excuse me to have some problems today. Iwill fix that.

So my proposal is to create a fortran-ng.eclass which gives us simply
the a variable similar to FORTRANC representing the old style naming, so
that not every ebuild has to implement it again.

case $(tc-getFC) in
   *gfortran* )
      FCOMP="gfortran" ;;
   ifort )