From: Justin Bronder <jsbronder@g.o>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-science] Re: Gentoo Science next meeting agenda - 4) science profiles
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2010 17:26:17
1 On 05/12/10 13:49 +0100, Kacper Kowalik wrote:
2 > I would like to involve cluster team here. We could *really* use
3 > seperate profiles for HPC at least, like hpc/server , hpc/node.
4 > Also, since it was already mentioned on #gentoo-dev, we could have
5 > "sci" profile with USE="fortran" and remove it from base.
6 > To my great amazement it seems that not everybody use Fortran on a
7 > daily basis :P
8 > Cheers,
9 > Kacper
13 I'm not sure why hpc would need specific profiles. Personally I just use
14 default/linux/${ARCH}/${VERSION} and build from there. The only additions
15 for a node that might be profile worthy are virtual/mpi and maybe
16 sys-cluster/torque. The same goes for hpc/server although some extra USE
17 flags could be enabled.
20 Justin Bronder