From: Darren Dale <dd55@×××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] lapack transition
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 15:54:30
1 On Sunday 21 August 2005 11:41 am, Peter Bienstman wrote:
2 > On Sunday 21 August 2005 17:31, Darren Dale wrote:
3 > > If you install lapack-atlas and blas-atlas, and link scipy to the blas
4 > > and lapack libraries but not the atlas libraries, do you still get the
5 > > enhanced performance from atlas? (This isn't a rhetorical question, I'm
6 > > still learning.)
7 >
8 > Yes, that's the whole idea. The names 'lapack' and 'blas' are just symlinks
9 > to whatever library implements them, like the reference libraries, or
10 > ATLAS, or perhaps at a later stage MKL.
11
12 I think that clarifies things, but I wonder why Numeric and SciPy suggest
13 including atlas in the library list if it isnt necessary.
14
15 Darren
16 --
17 gentoo-science@g.o mailing list