From: "Andrey G. Grozin" <A.G.Grozin@×××××××.su>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] sci-mathematics/reduce on amd64 (fwd)
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 14:03:49
On Wed, 21 Dec 2011, Kacper Kowalik wrote:
>> Could somebody with amd64 check if sci-mathematics/reduce-20110414 >> compiles on this arch? You'll have to keyword it. Upstream says it >> should compile. > > It does and passes test suite. Though it doesn't respect libdir: > > /dev/shm/portage/sci-mathematics/reduce-20110414/image/usr/lib/reduce/reduce.fonts/README > > Judging by the content it shouldn't be libdir in the first place, rather > /usr/share...
Many thanks for checking. csl-based reduce, and csl, are really strange. reduce is a compiled binary, and it needs to have reduce.img *in the same directory* (same for csl). Both of them also want to see reduce.doc and reduce.fonts also in the same directory, if they are started in the gui mode (in the command-line mode reduce.fonts and reduce.doc are not needed). So, all these files and directories should be together somewhere. And not in /usr/share, because reduce is a binary, and reduce.img is also processor-dependent, as far as I know. So, I choose /usr/lib/reduce; do you have better suggestions? Should it be /usr/lib64/reduce on amd64? Moreover, symlinking /usr/lib/reduce -> /usr/bin/redcsl does not work: the program tries to find reduce.img in /usr/bin, and fails. The only way I've found is a 2-line script in /usr/bin which execs /usr/lib/reduce/reduce. Thanks again, Andrey