From: Janusz Mordarski <janek@××××××××××.pl>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-science] sys-cluster infiniband , mpi related soft. update request
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 19:44:32
1 Hello, i've seen that Infiniband drivers and other related stuff, like
2 MVAPICH2 and openib etc. are a bit outdated. Recently i started
3 administering a HPC cluster for molecular dynamics simulations (for ex.
4 gromacs) from HP and found, that it works best on gentoo ;) . But i need
5 most recent, fastest infiniband and mpi software for my work.
6 gentoo-science overlay, if it comes to infiniband, doesn't work at all,
7 i had to change some ebuilds to make them compile and work, but still,
8 have some problems with MVAPICH2.
9
10 Please sys-cluster developers, if it isn't too much work, update ebuilds
11 to open fabrics OFED 1.4 , MVAPICH 1.2 etc. (all dependencies). Or
12 please, give me some instructions how to publish my modified ebuilds
13 that, at least works (on contrast to openib-1.1.ebuild from overlay ;) )
14
15 best regards, Janusz