From: Kacper Kowalik <xarthisius@g.o>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] moving the science overlay to github?
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2012 21:03:58
1 On 25.02.2012 13:52, Kacper Kowalik wrote:
2 > On 19.02.2012 15:07, Kacper Kowalik wrote:
3 >> account on github and will try to work on mutual sync. When the latter
4 >> is finished we can get things going. I'll keep you posted.
5 >
6 > It seems it's not possible to keep two writable git repos in sync in an
7 > automated fashion. All solution I came up with/googled require at least
8 > one repo to be read-only. Can anyone prove me wrong?
9
10 Ok, there's nice solution to the problem, as suggested by wired on
11 g-dev[1], we should just push two both overlays at once. It requires
12 manual tweaking of .git/config in your repo:
13
14 [remote "origin"]
15 fetch = +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*
16 url = git+ssh://git@×××××××××××××××××××.org/proj/sci.git
17 pushurl = git@××××××.com:gentoo-science/sci.git
18
19 I've checked that's working nicely. In the case of random unexpected
20 clashes or problems we will deal with them as they appear.
21
22 As for the access, for those that already have github account the site
23 was smart enough to allow me to give access based on the previous
24 commits. If you don't have an account on g.c, please create one and send
25 me you nickname.
26
27 Cheers,
28 Kacper