From: Denis Dupeyron <calchan@g.o>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] media-gfx/asymptote
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2008 17:06:04
1 On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 6:24 PM, Andrey G. Grozin <A.G.Grozin@×××××××.su> wrote:
2 > I have a new ebuild, with many changes, for a newer
3 > version. metadata.xml says that it belongs to no-herd and maintained by
4 > maintainer-needed@g.o . Does this mean that I may simply change
5 > metadata.xml (herd = sci, maintainer = myself) and commit a new ebuild?
6
7 Yes Andrey, you can go ahead and add your name in metadata.xml. As for
8 adding the herd, it means other team members accept to take care of
9 the package as a backup of yourself (it can be the other way around
10 but it doesn't look like it's the case here). So either you talk to
11 them about this or you're in a position to make that decision alone,
12 in which case I'd still talk to the others anyway. For your info, only
13 one of dev/herd is mandatory, but both of them is better.
14
15 Denis.
16 --
17 gentoo-science@l.g.o mailing list