From: Andrea Arteaga <andyspiros@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] moving the science overlay to github?
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2012 19:02:28
1 Hi all.
2
3 I agree with Reinis: we should use the official Gentoo Wiki. It is in
4 my opinion the most intuitive and correct place where the
5 documentation should be hosted. Optionally, a wiki related to the
6 hosting, such as GitHub, could be a choise for the "internal"
7 documentation, i.e. documentation intended for the developers. But
8 even so, I don't really see why we can not use the official Gentoo
9 Wiki for this.
10
11 Sébastien (or any other): could you explain why GitHub would make
12 easyer the contibutions, please? I'm really not a master of git... If
13 there are big advantages it could maybe make sense to move the
14 repository to GitHub. In any case I would keep using the official
15 Wiki. The separate issue tracker can be a good thing.
16
17 Just my 2 cents...
18
19 Cheers