From: P Purkayastha <ppurka@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] [sage-on-gentoo] install sage-flasknotebook
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 09:03:27
On 06/12/2012 09:45 AM, fbissey@××××××××××××.nz wrote:
> Quoting v_2e@×××.net: > >> Hello! >> Today I noticed that there is the 'sage-flasknotebook' package in >> 'sage-on-gentoo' overlay. As far as I know, this is a new interface for >> Sage. I wanted to install and test it, but it turned out to block >> 'sage-notebook' which the 'sage' package itself depends upon. So [how] >> can I install and test a new flask-interface? >> > Hi, > > those ebuilds are old work in progress and haven't been touched in a while. > Because of time constraint neither Christopher or me are working on this > at the > moment. We will have to when sage really moves to it but it looks like > there is > still a lot of work to do (it has now been rescheduled for sage-5.2). > The only > person working on this from our extended team is Steve Trogdon, but I don't > know if he has something that we can apply straight to our tree. > > Francois > > > >
There is a new alpha release[1] of sage-5.2 which contains the flask notebook version 0.9.0. An easy way to upgrade to this notebook would be to update the sage-flasknotebook ebuild (and a few other sage related ebuilds) to pull the spkg from that release. The flask notebook itself has a positive review[2] and is probably in more final stages at present. Hopefully the sage days 41 [3] workshop that is currently underway will see the flask notebook get finalized and slated for eventual release with sage-5.2. [1] https://groups.google.com/d/topic/sage-release/wjm4MRNI9OE/discussion [2] http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/11080 [3] http://wiki.sagemath.org/days41