From: Michael Everitt <m.j.everitt@×××.org>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] GSoC Proposal: Improvements to the BLAS / LAPACK and their reverse-dependencies
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2019 04:31:09
1 On 08/04/19 05:17, Mo Zhou wrote [as excerpted]:
2 > Hi list,
3 >
4 > I'm going to participate the gsoc project "BLAS and LAPACK runtime"[1].
5 > However it seems to pose a significant change on Gentoo Science Team's
6 > packages, so I'd better ask for approval first before really working
7 > on this, in case anybody disagree with the proposal.
8 >
9 > <snip>
10 > The proposed solution involes no usage of USE flag, or eselect feature.
11 >
12 > Objective of this project:
13 >
14 > 1. Integrate update-alternatives mechanism into Gentoo's reference blas,
15 > i.e. netlib blas' packaging.
16 Whilst I'm, by all means, no expert on this; I think when you look into it,
17 you'll find that the eselect and update-alternatives functions are highly
18 equivalent, so you should find it feasible to do the port the other way
19 around, and translate the 'update-alternatives' to 'eselect'. Ideally if
20 you can keep within the frameworks Gentoo already provides, this should
21 make integration and maintenance a little easier!
22
23 Otherwise, it sounds like you've got the size of the problem in hand, and I
24 wish you all the best with the project!
25 Best regards,
26
27 veremitz/Michael.