From: Flammie Pirinen <flammie@g.o>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] Scientific Gentoo reorg: the proposal
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 13:26:17
1 2006-06-25, George Shapovalov sanoi, jotta:
2
3 > There was a suggestion for sci-phonetics or sci-linguistics. There is
4 > a dev (translator's team, so he will need to be mentored for the
5 > "generic development") who is willing to take on those,
6
7 That would be me. Hi, all! I’d assume that the mentoring and becoming a
8 developer process for me will not be much different than anyone else.
9
10 > however I
11 > first need to see how many packages would be there. If anything it
12 > will be good to have him as a part of the team, even if this does not
13 > qualify for a full category (but still should be good for herd I
14 > guess..)
15
16 At current I’m only familiar with a few phonetics software, that could
17 be added. Also, many of the phonetics libraries are already in tree, in
18 app-accessibility (e.g. festival and all related stuff).
19
20 From other linguistics software I've been thinking e.g. natural
21 language grammar system Malaga
22 <http://home.arcor.de/bjoern-beutel/malaga/>, and perhaps related
23 grammar dictionaries. If the grammar dictionaries are added as separate
24 packages, they will at least increase the number of packages in
25 nicely :-)
28 Flammie, Gentoo Linux Documentation’s Finnish head translator
29 and FlameEyes’ bot <http://dev.gentoo.org/~flammie>.