From: fbissey@××××××××××××.nz
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] moving the science overlay to github?
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2012 21:02:26
Quoting Sébastien Fabbro <bicatali@g.o>:

> Hi, > > We are contemplating the idea of switching the official science overlay > to an external repository such as github. Here are some of the > advantages we would like to > get: > 1. easier to contribute > 2. specific issue tracker > 3. wiki >
Other people have made useful comments already. The only point that I think is interesting about github is the possibility to clone the overlay and have pull requests. Effectively that means people can contribute without ever getting infra involved and an external contributor can send a pull request even if they are not a member of the github science team. Francois