From: Marc Vinyals <marcvinyals@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-science] [sage-on-gentoo] sage-notebook is missing default imports
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 15:58:02
1 Hi,
2
3 After updating from sage 4.6.1 to 4.6.2 I had trouble working with
4 sage-notebook because default imports were missing. This is what I
5 tried:
6
7 If I run sage-notebook, login and try to run a command as simple as
8
9 3;
10
11 I get a "NameError: name 'Integer' is not defined" error. If I run
12
13 from sage.rings.integer import Integer;
14 3;
15
16 everything works as expected. Also if I run sage -notebook (notice the
17 space) then executing the comand
18
19 3;
20
21 works. It's not a huge problem, but it kept me rebuilding sage and
22 python for a week. Any idea about why is this happening?
23
24 Best,
25 Marc.