From: Francois Bissey <fbissey@××××××××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] Re: [sage-on-gentoo] sympy-0.7.2-r2 fails to build
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2013 07:53:21
1 On 08/03/13 20:08, v_2e@×××.net wrote:
2 > Hello!
3 >
4 > On Fri, 08 Mar 2013 09:46:08 +1300
5 > fbissey@××××××××××××.nz wrote:
6 >
7 >> Sorry Vladimir, I got buried in stuff. Can you please uninstall gmpy?
8 >> At least set MPMATH_NOGMPY=1 before emerging sympy.
9 >>
10 > I uninstalled gmpy, but I still get an error:
11 >
12 > AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'ipapi'
13 >
14 > Full log: http://bpaste.net/show/82199/
15
16 That would be related to ipython from the log I can that this
17 ipython interaction is coming through sage being called from mpmath
18 itself called from sympy.
19
20 Considering that sage 5.7 has switched to ipython 0.13.1 that your sage
21 install is not completely consistent/complete. Do you have
22 sage-baselayout at 5.7 and sage itself at 5.6? If that's the case one
23 way out would be to unmerge sage, upgrade sympy, and then merge sage
24 again. There are other ways but that's a bit more complicated.
25
26 Francois